Career Counselling and Coaching
We can help you take control of your career direction.
Through our career counselling and coaching services, you’ll work one-on-one with a Registered Psychologist who specializes in career development and can help you to make strategic and informed career decisions.
Career counselling is a proven process that helps you to successfully plan and change careers.
We work one-on-one with clients ages 15 – 65+ across Alberta (in person and at a distance) to support career planning and decision making. Through career counselling you’ll gain valuable insights about what you need in order to be fulfilled in a career, increase your awareness of career options and strategically narrow your options to find what’s best for you.
Our career counselling process is personalized to your needs, and may involve:
- Assessing your skills, strengths, interests, personality, and values
- Increasing your awareness of alternative career options
- Gaining confidence in choosing or changing careers
Common career counselling concerns include:
- Knowing you want to make a career change but are uncertain about how to move forward
- Questioning your career choice and wondering if there could be better options for you
- Re-entering the workforce after a leave, and feeling unsure about where to start
- Being uncertain about your career plans after high school (15+)
- Planning for your retirement or semi-retirement transition
- Military to civilian career transitions (Career Transformation: Translating the Warrior→)
This unique program has been developed for military personnel planning to enter the civilian workforce. It is based on eight years of successful career development services offered to Canadians in transition and has been customized for military members in order to support them in translating their military service experience into strengths and abilities familiar to civilians. Specifically, transferable skills mapping as well as exploration of qualities commonplace to military members, yet coveted in today’s civilian workforce, are explored.
Master’s and Ph.D. level Registered Psychologists offer this program, with added expertise from a highly experienced military leader who has successfully made the military to civilian transition. Up to 8 Career Counselling sessions and 4 Career Advising sessions are included in this program.
Our Registered Psychologists are also skilled at supporting broader concerns, such as:
- Stress and stress management
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Managing change, loss and transitions
- Assertiveness and boundary setting
- Interpersonal challenges
- Emotional well-being
- Sleep challenges
If you have more specific concerns related to your personal wellbeing that you’d like support with, visit us at our personal counselling practice, Synthesis Psychology→.
Calgary Career Counselling is a private organization that provides fee-based services. Many benefit/extended health plans provide coverage towards sessions and assessments with our Registered Psychologists.
For more information about our fee structure, give us a call today.
Our career coaching services provide support for people who want to address challenges in their current career or workplace.
By meeting with one of our Registered Psychologists, we can help you develop strategies to effectively manage and overcome your concerns so that you can feel confident and fulfilled at work.
Common career coaching concerns include:
- Effectively transitioning into a new job/role (“onboarding”)
- Managing workplace conflict or bullying
- Navigating politics or a difficult boss
- Addressing communication challenges
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Reducing challenges with work-life balance
- Supporting leadership development
- Developing strategies for work success, including focus, time management, etc.
- Managing changes in personal circumstances
- Supporting maternity/paternity career transitions (Comeback Coaching→)
After completing a 3-year, national study on maternity leave transitions, as well as publishing two books on the topic – Making It Work! How to Effectively Manage Maternity Leave Career Transitions: An Employer’s Guide and Making It Work! How to Effectively Navigate Maternity Leave Career Transitions: An Employee’ s Guide (both endorsed by Deloitte) – Canada Career Counselling developed Comeback Coaching. This service was developed to support individuals who are returning to work after a parental leave or a more extended leave to raise a family. Comeback Coaching enables you to build your confidence, gain clarity on your career goals, and can help you to re-establish the career dialogue with your employer upon your return to work. It can also support you with developing a return to work plan to facilitate an effective transition as well as developing strategies to effectively integrate the roles of employee and parent.
Do you have a career concern that you’d like help with? Let’s talk about it!
Schedule a 15-minute complimentary consultation with one of our Registered Psychologists today by clicking here.