Career and Education Advising
Put your career plan into action.
Take the first step towards achieving success in your career by working with one of our expert Job Search Strategists or Education Advisors, whose tailored services are designed to help you reach your goals. From resume writing and interview skills, to post-secondary planning and applications, we’ve got you covered.
Job Search Strategy
LinkedIn Review and Coaching Services
Job Search Strategy
It can be overwhelming searching for work, but we can help you form a game plan and approach it strategically!
What is your job search strategy? Asked another way, what are you currently doing for your job search? If your answers to these questions are, “I don’t know” and “I’m just looking at job postings online and applying” it might be time to try something else!
Our Job Search Strategy sessions include teaching you ways to find a job, and are customized to your goals and target industry.
By developing a personalized job search plan and incorporating other tools into your job search, you will be more optimistic, accountable, and will start to get more results.
On the hunt for a job but struggling to get results?
Get started on your job search by contacting our Job Search Strategists today.
Capture the attention of employers with a standout resume and cover letter.
The most effective resumes and cover letters are customized, just like our services. We offer a high-touch, collaborative, and guided process to help you learn and use best practices for a compelling resume.
Each service includes:
- The 30 second impression test and feedback
- A review and feedback of grammar, spelling, formatting, visual appeal, content, content alignment and use of keywords
- Answering your resume questions and helping you with creating strategies to address perceived barriers, such as employment gaps, career transition or lack of experience or skills
- Helping you identify which skills to include on your resume, and ask thoughtful questions to discover your accomplishments
- Learning about important strategies when applying through Applicant Tracking Systems
Find out which of our service tiers – review, rebrand, or rebuild – fits best for you.
Resume and Cover Letter Review
“There is a job I want to apply to. I have the job posting, and I have written and customized my resume and cover letter to this job. I would like feedback before I submit my application.”
Resume and Cover Letter Rebrand
“I have a resume and cover letter, but it is very old and needs updating.”
“I have a resume, but I am making a transition from one career/industry to another, and need help to explain that and make myself marketable.”
“I have applied to hundreds of jobs and am not getting calls for interviews.”
Resume and Cover Letter Rebuild
“I do not have a resume. It has been so long since I have done one, that I don’t know where to start. Can you give me information so I can write my resume, and then work with me to review and improve it?”
Ready to increase your chance of success in job applications?
Get started on building a better cover letter and resume by contacting our Job Search Strategists today.
The interview is your chance to make a great first impression, once your resume and cover letter get you in the door.
It’s up to you to sell your unique skills, personality, and attributes during a job interview so that you can show you’re the best candidate for the position. Our Job Search Strategists work with you to build your skills and confidence, increasing your chances of successfully landing your ideal job.
Our Job Search Strategists will help you to feel prepared for your next interview by:
- Discussing your interview concerns and developing strategies for dealing with them (i.e. too nervous, not enough experience, never had a Zoom interview, let go from last job, “I get lots of interviews, but never get a job offer”)
- Providing strategies for managing various interview questions and interview types, including:
- Virtual Interviews (Zoom, Skype, FaceTime, Telephone)
- Panel and Group Interviews
- Prescreening Interviews
- Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) for medical school
- Interviews for admission to a university or college program
- Behavioural Descriptive Interviews (BDI) and STAR stories
- Teaching you how to analyze the job posting so you can anticipate questions you will be asked
- Preparing and brainstorming answers
- Exploring approaches to explain career changes and/or gaps in employment
- Creating key questions that you can ask the employer
- Practicing questions through mock interview role-plays
- Receiving immediate feedback on body language, tone, expression and depth of your answers
- Developing a plan for how to successfully present yourself on interview day
Do you have a job interview that you’re preparing for? We can help!
Get in touch with one of our Job Search Strategists today.
Stay competitive in today’s global market with a polished LinkedIn profile.
Having a LinkedIn profile has become a necessary tool when it comes to your online presence and identity. It a powerful networking tool, learning tool, and a critical part of your career management plan.
Whether you are just getting started with LinkedIn, needing support with a profile update or review, or looking to learn how to use it, we can help.
Work with our Job Search Strategists and learn how to:
- Create, optimize, or improve your LinkedIn profile
- Learn how to use LinkedIn for job search, career management or building your business
- Understand how LinkedIn works and maximize the keywords, algorithms and content in your profile
- Learn how to build LinkedIn relationships, maintain LinkedIn relationships, identify networking opportunities and more
Get in touch with us today to learn more about optimizing your LinkedIn profile.
We guide you through choosing and applying to the right post-secondary program.
Through our education advising process, we offer you up-to-date, unbiased advice and information to help you make choices about your education that are right for you. Our services are tailored to your needs and can include:
Our education advising services include:
Choosing the program and institution that best meets your educational needs and goals by reviewing:
- Admission requirements and your academic records
- School and program options in your ideal location
- Tips to help increase your chance of being accepted
- Resources and tools to make your post-secondary experience as successful as possible
Assisting you with the application process, such as:
- Submitting your application online
- Editing admission essays and preparing for admission interviews
- Exploring financing and funding options (e.g., student loans, scholarships, and bursaries)
- Ensuring you register for required courses
Helping you build effective study and exam-taking skills, including:
- Strategies to help you study effectively, stay organized, and manage your time
- Tips to help prepare for and successfully write exams, and reduce apprehension
- Optimizing your learning style and preferences
Not sure what you want to study?
You may be a great fit for our career counselling services. Learn more.